Sunday, May 11, 2008

CUB is born!

After reading JdR's Brisbane Ultimate Blog and feeling jealous, Twats and I have started this, the Canberra Ultimate Blog. It's just like the Brisbane one only better, because we choose a superior blog layout. Observe the beautifully coloured heading. I believe it is orange, but since this is the inaugural post I haven't actually seen it yet. I'm sure it's nice though.

With any luck this will serve as a convenient place to find out about goings on in the Canberra Ultimate Frisbee community. Whether it's league scores, details of pick-up games, updates from local clubs or rep teams at tournaments or just a dose of out-of-date rumour and innuendo, this should be the place. As I learn how to work teh internets, I might even be able to add links to other useful frisbee blogs. It's more likely, however, that Twatson will have to do the tricky stuff.

Imagine, if you will, Princess Mary breaking a bottle of cheap champagne over the bow of this blog and kindly join me in wishing it "bon voyage" as it sets forth on its maiden voyage.

2 comments:

  1. Dear lads,
    Love your work. Canberra is the perfect Ultimate community for a blog.
    I look forward to seeing if you have what it takes to ascend to the upper echelons of Aussie Ultimate blogging - not that Simmo or Sif will take much to be knocked from #2 or #3.
    Please feel free to make use of material you might find on the Brisbane Blog.
    Just be kind and put an "inspired by the Brisbane Ultimate Blog" or some such in small print at the bottom.
    Cheers,
    jdr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oi. That's enough out of you.

    Personally I'm looking forward to more of Twats' "Everyone ignores Canberra" rants.

    ReplyDelete