Friday, September 19, 2008

Kaboom's Top Team Announced

My spies within local mixed club Kaboom have delivered the lastest roster for the ACT's top mixed team into my waiting hands. Kaboom plans to send three teams to Mixed Nationals this year, but some late pull-outs among their men have opened new spots in their roster. If you're a man and you're in Canberra and interested in attending mixed nats in October (18th-20th) contact me at who.is.the.schmooze at gmail.com and I'll pass your details on the relevant folk. This is the first time the ACT has taken a focused, club based approach towards the mixed division and it will be interesting to see what kinds of dividends this change brings. So, who will don papaya shirts in the name of destruction this October?

Larissa Arney,
Gareth Beyers,
Asher Gentle,
Laina Hall,
Mica Hartley,
Heather Hemphill,
Pete Hemphill,
Jonathan Holmes,
Ian McKerracher,
Keah Molomby,
Jess Preston,
Vicki Saye,
Heather Tolley,
Thomas Walcott,
Thomas Watson,
Max Wheeler,

These kids carry the hopes of at least 4 certified minors and will no doubt do their clubmates proud in Brisbane. If you see any of them around the traps congratulate them on their selection and wish them the best for the tournament ahead. I should have finalised rosters for Kaboom's other two teams once our final few players are confirmed.

4 comments:

  1. bags you need to update the quick links to the top right of the page and remove winter outdoor league and put spring league up instead. Just link to the post I put up. I would do it but I don't have the access rights. Any way of giving me those so I can do that in the future?

    ReplyDelete
  2. who is this gareth chap? a seppo ring-in?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So where are the links to the photos and profiles of each of these Kaboomers?

    They all look pretty old, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gareth is a bona-fide Canberran, or at least he's around for a while. He's recently come over from South Africa and the Kaboom selectors seem to think he's got the right stuff.

    JdR had better be joking about them all being old. I'm probably middle aged for a boy on that team and I don't want him saying anything mean about me...

    ReplyDelete